Fair Queen Contest
Young men and women ages 16-21 are able to apply for the prestigious Boone County Fair King and Queen Competition.
Click the links below to read the rules regarding each contest, and to download the application.
Applications Due June 1st!
Judging will take place Sunday July 17th and crowning will be Thursday July 21st.
Both events will take place on the fairgrounds.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Mission: To happily and enthusiastically represent the Boone County Fair and educate the public about the fair during her year of reign.
1. Each contestant must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 21 years on the first day of the Iowa State Fair.
2. Contestants must never have been married or have had children.
3. A county fair queen must reside in the county she represents or an adjoining county if the majority of her activities are in the county she represents.
4. Each contestant must be an active member of at least one service organization in his community such as a church group, girls scouts, 4-H, etc. (Eligibility is not limited to 4-H membership.)
5. In the event the county queen is unable to participate, alternates will be considered in order of selection.
6. No professional model (one who has had ongoing employment in which modeling was the primary part of the job) is eligible to compete.
7. Any contestant who won Boone County Fair Queen in the past may not compete again.
8. A competent committee will select the “Boone County Fair Queen ”. Judging comments are not available to the contestants. Judging will be based on the following: Personality, Attitude, Appearance, and Awareness
Leadership and citizenship – Contribution to Community
Overall Appearance, Charm, Poise
9. Each contestant should be prepared to appear in a variety of clothing such as street dress or suit, evening dress, and casual wear.
10. The winner of the county contest will be crowned “Boone County Fair Queen”. The Queen will be required to remain at the fairgrounds and enthusiastically appear for the County Fair Board in official capacities at each of the breed shows, grandstand events, and any other events that the board deems necessary.
11. The Boone County Fair Queen Attendants will happily represent the fair in the Boone County Fair Parade on Thursday, July 17th and immediately following the parade, one candidate will be crowned queen. The queen only will enthusiastically represent the fair in the Pufferbilly Parade and Dayton Rodeo Parade.
12. The Boone County Fair Board reserves the right to change and interpret the foregoing rules and regulations at any time as may be deemed expedient.
Prizes include the following:
Boone County Fair Queen $400 ($150 at coronation and $250 after State Fair duties are complete)
First Runner-up $150
Second Runner-up $100
Third Runner-up $75
Honorable Mentions $50